Retractable Hook Cable
The bi-directional HK60/R60 Retractable Hook Cable system, designated as BAK-14U, is modular and flexible and complies with civil aviation regulations. The system is in operation by NATO and other main air forces.
- Reliable positioning detection by using durable magnetic switches
- Easily combined with any type of energy absorber
- NSN registration
- Easy to replace support block
The modern hydraulic system assures maximum reliability and has replaced the old pneumatic version. In case of main power failure a battery back-up system allows the retract system to be safely operated until accumulator is emptied.
- Accumulator tank for activation cycles without recharging
- Minimum service requirements
- No problem with leaks or condensation
- Low cost for operation
- Insulated cabinet and heater option for cold climate conditions
When military flight operations require the arresting system, the ATC operator remotely raises the hook cable into active position by pushing one button. The position status changes from down to up on the monitoring panel accordingly. Local operation at site is also possible.
- Modern PLC based control system
- Individual health monitoring on each retract mechanism
- User friendly Operator’s Panel
- All alarms shown in clear text
- Communication with ATC via digital radio or fiber cable
- UPS for full system operation in case of power failure